In May of 1958, Palace Playland owner Bernard Osher announced plans for construction of a new attraction on Cascade Road named Animal Fair, featuring live animals, kiddie rides, pony carts and a steam train.
In two months, it was up and running. The photos give an idea of the theming of the 30 acre park which ran until 1962 and is now a campground. The facilities were designed by William Tracy's Tracy Parade & Display Company of New Jersey, which had produced decorative elements for parade floats, the Ringling-Barnum circus, dark rides, funhouses and other themed amusements.
Home | Articles | Find Dark Rides | Find Funhouses | Knoebels DVD Waldameer DVD | The Laff Track
Contact LITD | About LITD | The T Shirt Shop | The Laff Achievement Award